First Quarter is Complete.
We’ve completed the first quarter and the buzz around campus is healthy and positive. Through new and ongoing academic, athletic, extracurricular, faith formation and service opportunities, our students are discovering their gifts and talents while also learning to lead and serve responsibly.
Here are a few highlights from the previous month:
- We launched a new and improved website and we appreciate your candid and constructive feedback. It is a work in progress, and we want it to be a friendly and engaging experience for everyone. You’re already here!
- Marvelous Ms. Mabel visited our campus and is our new resident therapy dog, courtesy of Mrs. Polizin and her husband (photo).
- Students have taken the PSAT.
- Homecoming week showcased fantastic levels of school spirit with the “Welcome to the Jungle” theme.
- We hosted a successful Open House (view photos on Flickr).
- Parents and teachers met during conferences to discuss student performance.
- Ms. Pamela M. Levar joined Jack Doyle and I at a Navy sprint football game in Annapolis, Maryland where we cheered on alumni, Pat Guinan ’15, Jimmy Kenneally ’16 and Ryan Kenneally ’19 to victory over Penn (photo).
- We hosted Vaping information sessions to educate our students about the impact of this habit that is affecting youth nationwide (download the presentation/notes).
- We celebrated Knight spirit at two successful Youth Knights for Football and Volleyball (FYK photos and VYK photos).
- We announced the September students of the month, Erin Liszka and Gabi Zanoni (pictured in the email link below).
- We celebrated our senior student-athletes during sport specific events (view photos on Flickr).
- The football team hosted a successful #WhiteOut to support Easterseals and raised over $2,000 (press release).
Also, I would like to remind you that the Blue & White Raffle tickets will be distributed to students on November 1.
Join me on Saturday, October 26 for time travel back to the 80s. The 80s Buy-in Party is just one of the many fun ways to socialize with your fellow Knights and friends. Pre-order your tickets here
or pay at the door.
Lastly, if your student requires early dismissal, please call the main office ahead of time or send a physical note with your child as this will help us manage this process.
May Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception continue to guide and protect you. Go Knights!
Tom Schergen, Principal