Next week is Thanksgiving, and it is a time to gather with family and give thanks for all the blessings bestowed upon us. In the recent weeks, our community has experienced tremendous emotions, and I am so grateful to be a part of the IC Catholic Prep family. I have seen how we come together in times of victory and despair. I have witnessed how we take care of each other no matter the circumstance. I find it reassuring that we collectively derive so much strength from each other and our faith in Christ.
Here are a few highlights from the previous month:
- Marvelous Ms. Mabel continues to be a calming presence on our campus (Facebook).
- We observed the All Saints Day Mass (read more).
- The Class of 2023 participated in the Freshman Retreat, experiencing a whole lot of fun while coming together in mind, body and spirit (read more by Nicholas Zanoni, Knight Times).
- The Knights Theater hosted a Youth Knight during their highly successful Fall Play production of WCKY (read more).
- We hosted our second successful Open House and welcomed nearly 90 middle school aged students to our campus for the annual Math Contest.
- We announced the October Students of the Month, Tommy Ryan and Frankie Chaidez (read more and also pictured below).
- Students were inducted into National Honor Societies, including World Languages of Spanish, Italian and Latin (read more).
- Approximately 50 individuals attended the League of Knights Tailgate Party in South Bend for the Notre Dame vs Navy football game (Instagram).
- Field trips to NBC Sports Chicago studios and Soldier Field in Chicago provided our students experiential learning outside of the classroom.
- Ciao Italia (Italian Club) marched in the 2019 Chicago Columbus Day Parade (read more).
- We hosted Cyber Safety presentations this week for our students and we will host a similar presentation for parents on December 4th.
- Fall sports have all wrapped up their seasons and there is much to celebrate:
- We’re proud of the athletic accomplishments of our student-athletes, however, we are even more impressed by their commitment to academic excellence. Read more about the Fall sport student-athletes that earned Academic Honors.
- Girls Cross Country finished the season as Regional and Sectional Champions and placed 8th overall in State. Carly Manchester finished 12th in State and earned All State Honors (@iccpgirlsxc on Twitter).
- The Football team made it to the quarterfinals in IHSA Class 4A (@iccpfootball on Facebook).
- The Volleyball team finished the season as Regional Champions. Individual awards went to Sophie Hurt who earned DuPage All-Area Honors and Jess Sobon who attained DuPage All-Area Honorable Mention (@iccp_volleyball on Instagram).
- The Golf team advanced to Sectionals. Jann Atendido was crowned the MSC Conference Player of the Year (Twitter).
- Rachel Simonides was named All Conference for Tennis.
- Maren Gibbons, a two-sport student-athlete, was the inaugural swimmer for IC Catholic Prep at Sectionals. Read more about her journey and trailblazing efforts in the pool.
May Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception continue to guide and protect you. Go Knights!
Tom Schergen, Principal