High School Teaching (Full-Time)
Technology and Computer Science Teacher (2021-2022 Academic Year)
Exciting opportunity to create a new Computer Science curriculum and introduce new course offerings such as Computer Science, Coding, Robotics, etc. in a new, modern innovative computer lab (under construction summer of 2021)
IC Catholic Prep is the oldest co-educational Catholic high school in DuPage County, and is the only parish high school in the Diocese of Joliet, located in Elmhurst, Illinois, an upper middle-class suburb of Chicago. However, its student body comes from over 35 communities representing broad socio-economic diversity. Through our Catholic, college preparatory curriculum, we encourage students to achieve their maximum potential and exemplify the Catholic values taught at IC Catholic Prep. Faculty, staff, administration, students and parents strive to work together to form a loving, Christ-centered community of believers. Students encounter diversity of mind and culture, excel academically, and experience personal growth through their academic and extracurricular experiences. Students are challenged to become independent thinkers who make a positive impact on the world through a selfless confidence and service to others.
- Teach Computer Apps and Web Design and perform all teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to: selecting instructional goals that are aligned with national standards, demonstrating assessment of student learning, creating an environment of respect and rapport, integrating appropriate technological tools of instruction in the classroom, managing student behaviors pro-actively in an educationally rigorous atmosphere, and contributing to the school while showing professionalism and following all school policies and standards
- Develop curriculum and new course offerings for the 2022-23 academic year and beyond
- Full-time teaching position. Teacher will be assigned a supervision and an advisory role to extracurricular activities and/or coaching responsibilities.
- Serve as an Instructional Technology Assistant
- Collaborate with other department faculty members and administration to develop, advance, and teach a Computer Science curriculum through the following duties
- BA or MA in Computer Science/Secondary Education or other related field. Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Must hold current Illinois Teaching Certificate/License 9-12.
- Commitment to support the Catholic mission and vision of IC Catholic Prep
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Placement on the salary schedule based on experience and degrees.
- Additional stipend for Technology Support-Instructional Technology Assistant.
- Letters of interest and resumes should be sent to Stephen Davidson, Principal, by email: [email protected]
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT
The primary focus of the Instructional Technology Assistant is to provide instructional technology support to staff and students and assist with integrating technology into instruction. Additionally, this position will assist the Director of Technology with the rollout and management of the high school’s one to one program. Ideal candidates should have effective interpersonal skills and be committed to a continuous process for professional growth.
Works with Administration and the Director of Technology to:
- Provide instructional technology support to classroom teachers, students, and parents.
- Assist with providing teachers with the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively integrate 21st Century learning and teaching into the instructional program.
- Stay current on research and emerging technologies to foster educational applications of technology.
- Serves as the liaison between the faculty/staff and the Director of Technology regarding technology issues and needed support
- Assist Director of Technology in managing the building’s instructional technology resources.
- Assist Director of Technology in troubleshooting and managing student and faculty/staff devices.