High School Teaching (Full-Time) –Theology Teacher/Campus Minister for the 2021-22 Academic Year
IC Catholic Prep is the oldest co-educational Catholic high school in DuPage County, and is the only parish high school in the Diocese of Joliet. It is located in Elmhurst, Illinois, an upper middle-class suburb of Chicago. However, its student body comes from over 35 communities representing broad socio-economic diversity. Through our Catholic, college preparatory curriculum, we encourage students to achieve their maximum potential and exemplify the Catholic values taught at IC Catholic Prep. Faculty, staff, administration, students and parents strive to work together to form a loving, Christ-centered community of believers. Students encounter diversity of mind and culture, excel academically, and experience personal growth through their academic and extracurricular experiences. Students are challenged to become independent thinkers who make a positive impact on the world through a selfless confidence and service to others.
- Teach Theology courses across grade levels and perform all teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to: selecting instructional goals that are aligned with the US Catholic Bishops’ framework, demonstrating assessment of student learning, creating an environment of respect and rapport, integrating appropriate technological tools of instruction in the classroom, managing student behaviors pro-actively in an educationally rigorous atmosphere, and contributing to the school while showing professionalism and following all school policies and standards
- Full-time teaching/campus minister position. Teacher will be assigned a supervision and an advisory role to extracurricular activities and/or coaching responsibilities.
- Serve as Campus Minister promoting student involvement in service, managing school service projects, organizing and leading grade level retreats, etc.
- Collaborate with other department faculty members and administration
- BA or MA in Theology or Religious Studies or related fields. Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Commitment to support the Catholic mission and vision of IC Catholic Prep.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Placement on the salary schedule based on experience and degrees.