High School Teaching (Long Term Substitute -Start: Mid/Late March 2022- June 1, 2022
Girls’ Physical Education and Health
IC Catholic Prep is the oldest co-educational Catholic high school in DuPage County, and is the only parish high school in the Diocese of Joliet. It is located in Elmhurst, Illinois, an upper middle-class suburb of Chicago. However, its student body comes from over 35 communities representing broad socio-economic diversity. Through our Catholic, college preparatory curriculum, we encourage students to achieve their maximum potential and exemplify the Catholic values taught at IC Catholic Prep. Faculty, staff, administration, students and parents strive to work together to form a loving, Christ-centered community of believers. Students encounter diversity of mind and culture, excel academically, and experience personal growth through their academic and extracurricular experiences. Students are challenged to become independent thinkers who make a positive impact on the world through a selfless confidence and service to others.
- Teach multiple sections of Girls’ Physical Education I & II, Girls’ Weights and Conditioning, and Health
- Long term substitute teaching position. Start date: Mid/Late March 2022- June 1, 2022.
- Collaborate with other Physical Education department faculty members to advance the curriculum through the following duties: select instructional goals that are aligned with national standards, demonstrate assessment of student learning, create an environment of respect and rapport, manage student behaviors pro-actively in an educationally rigorous atmosphere, and contribute to the school while showing professionalism and following all school policies and standards
- BA or MA in Physical Education and Health Education or other related field. Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Must hold current Illinois Teaching Certificate/License 9-12.
- Commitment to support the Catholic mission and vision of IC Catholic Prep
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Placement on the salary schedule based on experience and degrees on a per diem basis.
- Letters of interest and resumes should be sent to Mr. Stephen Davidson, Principal, by email: [email protected] or mail to IC Catholic Prep, 217 Cottage Hill Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126